Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartemeu has admitted the club is worried about Lionel Messi’s injury suffered last week.
Messi injured his arm in the 4-2 win over Sevilla on Saturday night.
The Argentine had already scored four goals at the Camp Nou this came and had to be substituted in the 27th minute.
Messi is said to have fractured his arm and will now miss three weeks of football.
And Bartemeu has admitted he is worried for the forward.
“We are worried. He is the most important player in world football,” Bartomeu said.
“You will miss very important matches, but the positive message is that the team always responded and they became more responsible when Messi was not there.
“(Manager Ernesto) Valverde has perfect dressing room management and will take advantage of everything.
“I spoke with Messi and I hope he comes back soon.”
Messi is now set to miss a host of key matches for Barcelona in the coming weeks.
The Catalan club will face Inter Milan in the Champions League on Wednesday night before the first El-Clasico of the season this weekend.
Barca then faces Leonesa in the Copa Del Rey, a trip to Rayo Vallecano, a visit to Inter and a home tie with Real Betis before the mid-November international break.