- The AIFL season 6 council in an extraordinary act of council considered two issues before her. First, the need to even the number of season 6 teams from 11 to 12. Secondly, any need to consider the special request from one of her AIFL regular teams that expressed direct interest to take part in season 6, but did not meet the deadline requirements, so was not included. The team in a special appeal to the council said it was ready now if admitted.
- Consequent upon these, the AIFL Exco met and considered convoking an online council to vote whether to admit one more team or not as the kick off was yet to be done this Friday.
- In the poll of YES or NO to the admission of the 12th team, 9 AIFL teams out of 11 voted in favour of admitting the 12th team, while 2 teams did not vote.
The yes teams were :
OZALLA FA, PEACE FC, FC OGENE, DOSAD FA/FC, FC HARKDOVE, GP WORLD FA, OBELEDU UNITED FC, CARDINAL ARINZE FC and HOPELAND FC.
The teams that did not vote included RANGELS FA and MEKON UNITED FC.
- By this, a 12th team will now be admitted immediately to join as the final team for AIFL season 6.
- Therefore, the AIFL council admits the first runner up for AIFL season 5, Bubendorf FC of Adazi Nnukwu, which had been the team on standby, and which had joined in the initial processes of this season 6. Congratulations to Bubendorf FC. The Council wishes that you round up the registration processes immediately.
- The AIFL exco thanks the entire council members for their maturity in the issue at hand.
- The match day fixtures for the season opener at Umunze on Friday remain as in the fixtures released.
GP WORLD FA
OBELEDU UNITED FC
MEKON UNITED FC
Rev Fr Obinna Dike Chairman AIFL
Rev Fr Damian Ogwatta Vice Chairman AIFL
Engr Ikenna Nwokedi PhD Secretary AIFL
Rev Fr Christian Umeojilinnaka Match Cordinator AIFL