COMMUNIQUE OF THE ANAMBRA INDEPENDENT FOOTBALL LEAGUE (AIFL) GENERAL COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 30TH NOVEMBER, 2020 AT AIFL TEMPORARY SECRETARIAT FIDESPLEX NODU OKPUNO AWKA SOUTH ANAMBRA STATE.
1. The Council appreciated the presence of Anambra State Referees Council (ASRC) Chairman, Mr. Collins Obiefuna and his entourage, Mr. Oguejiofor Bosah and Mr. Anozie Johnmary.
2. AIFL Season Five (5) official match fixtures programme was handed over to the Referees Council alongside season 4 match indemnities which was presented as a cheque.
3.SEASON FIVE (5) PREVIEW
– These 10 teams were officially cleared to compete in the new season:
– DOASD FA, ENUGWU-UKWU
– WORLD FA, NANKA
– OZALLA FC, ONITSHA
– GP WORLD FA, NNEWI
– RANGELS FC, ACHINA
– MEKON UNITED FC, UMUNZE
– OBELEDU UNITED FC, OBELEDU
– BUBENDORF FC, ADAZI
– CARDINAL ARINZE FC, ONITSHA
– OGENE FC, OBELEDU.
4. The Council resolved that every traveling team (away teams) should have minimum of two set of jerseys to avoid colour clash.
5. The Council adopted 5 minutes before any kickoff to sanction any team that failed to mount properly corner flags, fix goal nets, cut and mark the pitch. The sanction is award of maximum points to the opposing team.
6.Same punishment of maximum points as above applies to both home and away teams which failed to present minimum of 2 match balls for any Matchday game to the referees at least 5 minutes before kick off.
7. The Council also approved ONLY WATER AS REFRESHMENT TO THE REFEREES(NO OTHER DRINKS, BEVERAGE OR THE SO CALLED PR ENVELOPE. JUST WATER IN SATCHET OR CAN) . The water must be presented to the referees at least 5 minutes before kickoff by the home team. Any team guilty of this loses maximum points as well as other punishment deemed necessary by the AIFL disciplinary committee.
8. The Council resolved that properly filled team lists should be submitted to the referees at least 5 minutes before kick off. Failure to do so attracts penalty of losing maximum points by the offending team.
9. Deduction of One(1) point was adopted for teams that fail to honour council meetings without proper permission. The proper permission is a letter addressed to AIFL council before the supposed meeting date/day.
10. AIFL Season Five(5) official means of communication includes the whatsaap forum.
11. Sanctions not mentioned in some of the AIFL rules and regulations will be decided by AIFL disciplinary committee and Council.
12. Five substitutes were approved for season 5 of AIFL.
13. AIFL council adopted a rotational neutral ground venue for most of her Season Five(5) matches.
14. Teams were advised to utilise every possible channel to advertise their matches both home and away; that’s easy way to build immediate presence and growth of fan base.
15. AIFL season 5 kick off date was upheld as Friday December 4,2020. Games start at 8am according to the fixtures. Venue remains Neros Stadium Nanka.
16. Teams are to come to matches with their team lists forms and substitution forms.
17. Licences and banners to be received by teams at Neros Stadium Nanka on opener.
18. The next AIFL match day (week 2)was fixed for Friday December 11,2020.
19. The AIFL will go on Christmas break after week two matches on December 11, 2020 to allow players partake in the Anambra Christmas Community Football Shield as well as yuletide matches.
20. The AIFL resumes on Friday January 15.2020 with week 3 matches.
21. All covid protocols in line with the state FA, state Government, NFF, NCDC, Sports Ministry and Presidential Task Force guidelines will be observed.
22. The Council maintained its tradition of each team having one vote in decision making of AIFL season 5. Therefore, 10 Council votes are in AIFL season 5. Simple majority decides. The Council decides on how to break a tie if second ballot is still tied.
Given this day Monday November 30,2020 at Okpuno.
Rev Fr Obinna Dike
For the AIFL Council.