COMMUNIQUE FROM ANAMBRA INDEPENDENT FOOTBALL LEAGUE (AIFL) GENERAL COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY, 09TH NOVEMBER 2020
– December 4th 2020 was agreed by the house for the commencement of the new AIFL Season 5.
– 20th November 2020 was unanimously agreed by the council as the final date for payment of participation fee for all clubs who seek to feature in the season 5.
– The house also adopted 20th November 2020, as the deadline for submission of data by teams for licensing, it also agreed that up to 50 players can be registered for the new season.
– The council after a tough and comprehensive deliberation have withdrawn Udala FC and Dynamic FC for non-payment of registration fee for season 4, it also added that for the two teams to be eligible to play for the Season 5 they will have to pay in full the registration fees for both Season 4 and 5.
– Based on Udala FC and Dynamic SC withdrawals and owing to the outcome of the AIFL Season 4 playoffs. DOSAD FC have emerged champions of the Season 4, followed by Rangels FC on second spot and Ozala FC finishing third.
– AIFL also constituted an independent panel of inquiry to look into what happened during the finals of season 4 with a view to applying appropriate sanctions against both sets of players.
– An official letter from Dynamic SA indicating their inability to play Season 5 was read thereafter a draw for Season 5 was also made on the floor of council only for the teams that were physically present for the meeting. The teams were:
(1) Mekon United
(4) Dosad FA
(7) Bubendoff FC
(8) and Cardinal Arinze FC.
Rev. Fr. Obinna Dike